Office Contact

Office Forms & Applications

Building Permit Application
Business License Application
Council Delegation Application
Demolition Permit
Development Permit Application
Development Variance Permit Application
Development Variance Permit Application Guide
Dog licence application
Liquor and Cannabis Licence Application
OCP Amendment Application
Rezoning Application- Form
Sign Permit Application
Temporary Use Application
Village of Burns Lake- Municipal Resident Guide FoodCycler
Water and Sewer Connection Application

Administration Menu

Emergency Contacts

Police, Fire, Medical




The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) are responsible for law enforcement in the Municipality.
Phone: 250 692‑7171
Address: 147 Hwy 35
Mailing Address: PO Box 759 Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0


Fire Chief: 250 692‑7587
In case of a wildfire contact the Ministry of Forests, Protection Branch
Call toll free 1 800 663‑5555 or *5555 on most cellular networks.


Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre 250 692‑2400
Burns Lake Medical Clinic 250 692‑3111

Office: FAQs

Economic Development

Please contact the Village of Burns Lake’s Economic Development Department by email: by calling 250-692-7587.  The office is located at 540 Hwy 16 For more information see Economic Development.

Link to page
Permits and Licences

Annual Dog Licence fees are due now.  The annual fee is $20.

Dog Licence Application

Link to page
Garbage Collection

Your household will receive an annual utility bill from the Village of Burns Lake, garbage collection costs for the year will be included on the invoice. For a single-family residential pick-up, the cost is $118.45 annually. Seniors are exempted from the garbage collection fee.

Link to page
Garbage Collection

Residential – Wednesday

Commercial  and Tuesday and Friday

If collection falls on a statutory holiday, an alternate day will be determined by the Director of Public Works and will be publicized on the Village of Burns Lake Facebook page and website or call the office, 250-692-7587.

Link to page
Garbage Collection

Only household waste that is contained in garbage bags will be collected. Do not include yard waste or recyclables in your bin.

The following will NOT be collected: animal carcasses, used oil or oil filters, paints, solvents or other liquids, propane tanks, tires, electronics, construction materials, compostable yard waste or cardboard etc.

Please recycle your bottles, paper and other items at the Burns Lake Bottle Depot or the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako’s transfer station.

Link to page
Garbage Collection

Please place your bin, with the lid opening facing the street by 7:00 am on collection day. Please make sure your lid is closed.

Link to page
Garbage Collection

No. Only one garbage bin per household will be collected each week. Extra bags/boxes at the curbside will not be collected. If you have additional garbage, you may want to consider taking it to the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako’s transfer station on Babine Lake Road.

Link to page
Garbage Collection

Residents must purchase a Village of Burns Lake refuse container. The containers are available in two sizes. Large bin $135.00 Medium bin $83.00 plus applicable taxes.

Garbage must be contained in garbage bags, not leave trash loose in your container.

Link to page
Waste Management

The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako manages the transfer station located on Babine Lake Rd.  For transfer station and recycling hours Click here: Burns Lake Transfer Station Hours

Link to page
Property Taxes

If your name does not appear on the tax notice but you are the registered owner and you are eligible for the Home Owner Grant, you may apply for the grant, but you will need your title number found on the Transfer of Fee Simple, or other document conveying the property to you. For further assistance, contact the Village of Burns Lake at 250-692-7587, or bring your transfer papers into the office.

Link to page
Property Taxes

Tax notices are mailed to property owners mid May. If you have not received your notice, contact the Village of Burns Lake Office at 250-692-7587, or visit the office at #15 3rd Ave. Copies of Tax Notices can be mailed or faxed to home owners.

Link to page
Property Taxes

Any changes to the ownership of a property, including name changes, should be filed at the Land Registry Office, 850 Burdett Avenue, Victoria BC V8W 1B4. They can be contacted by telephone at 250-387-6331.

Link to page

Local levels of government provide water, sewer, and garbage services. Utility billing is prepared by the Finance Department and sent out in April.

Link to page

Can’t find what you are looking for?

Ask us a question.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.