Office Contact

Office Forms & Applications

Building Permit Application
Business License Application
Council Delegation Application
Demolition Permit
Development Permit Application
Development Variance Permit Application
Development Variance Permit Application Guide
Dog licence application
Liquor and Cannabis Licence Application
OCP Amendment Application
Rezoning Application- Form
Sign Permit Application
Temporary Use Application
Water and Sewer Connection Application

Administration Menu

Emergency Contacts

Police, Fire, Medical




The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) are responsible for law enforcement in the Municipality.
Phone: 250 692‑7171
Address: 147 Hwy 35
Mailing Address: PO Box 759 Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0


Fire Chief: 250 692‑7587
In case of a wildfire contact the Ministry of Forests, Protection Branch
Call toll free 1 800 663‑5555 or *5555 on most cellular networks.


Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre 250 692‑2400
Burns Lake Medical Clinic 250 692‑3111

Pay for Services

Pay Online with Credit Card

Residents may now pay online for Property Taxes, Utility Bills and Fines.  You can follow the instructions using the button below to pay with a credit card using our secure payment processing facility.

Pay Online with Your Bank or Credit Union

Residents may now pay online for Property Taxes and Utility Bills. If you bank at the Bulkley Valley Credit Union, CIBC, or RBC, sign in to your online banking and add the Village of Burns Lake to your bill payments.

Also, to help alleviate the annual cost of utility bills, you can begin monthly utility bill payments online. While utility bills are due in the spring, there is no late penalty added to the bill until December 31st of the same year. At this time the bill is added to your property taxes. This year, when you receive your bill, divide the payments out between the remaining months of the year to make the payments more manageable. Next year, divide the payments throughout the entire year to make them even less of a burden.

Pay at the Village Office

Payment for all Municipal Services can be made in person at the Village Office located at #15, 3rd Avenue.  We accept Debit, Cheque, and Cash. Invoices accompanied by payment may also be sent by mail to the Village of Burns Lake, PO Box 570, Burns Lake, BC, V0J 1E0.

  • Property taxes
  • Utilities
  • Garbage Bins
  • Business Licenses
  • Dog Licenses


Local levels of government provide water, sewer, and garbage services. Utility billing is prepared by the Finance Department and sent out in April.