BE INSTRUMENTAL IN OUR COMMUNITY.
MAKE A CHANGE
If you have been waiting for a sign to make a change for a better future, then all signs point to Burns Lake!
A small community with big hearts, Burns Lake is a place to make your dreams come true. Burns Lake boasts a low cost of living, thriving business community, outdoor adventure paradise, cultural diversity and is a friendly, welcoming place to call home.
Come and be one of us in Burns Lake.
CHOOSE LAKES DISTRICT
Many people come to Burns Lake for a visit but stay for the lifestyle.
Living in Burns Lake you have the opportunity to make a difference by weaving yourself into the fabric of the community and getting involved in volunteer organizations.
It’s a carefree and safe place to raise a family. With hundreds of trails, dozens of lakes, fresh air, friendly people, affordable living and room to grow!
In addition to a thriving business community and abundant outdoor recreation opportunities, Burns Lake has a thriving arts & culture scene.
- The Beacon theatre is one of only 2 community owned movie theatres in Canada, with digital and 3D projection allowing first run movies.
- The Lakes Artisan Centre is a home grown artist cooperative where you can view and purchase works by local artists.
- At the Lakes District Museum you can explore the history of Burns Lake and experience all the colourful stories of the village founders.
We celebrate our cultural diversity with a vibrant indigenous landscape, where everyone is welcome to share in our Northern spirit and ‘can do’ attitude.
The Village is renowned for its rich First Nations heritage. There are two First Nations reserves that are part of the town, and another four nearby, making it one of the few communities in the province that have almost equal populations of persons of native or European descent. Local nations include Ts’il Kaz Koh First Nation, Lake Babine Nation, Wet’suwet’en First Nation, Cheslatta Band, Skin Tyee Nation and Nee Tahi Buhn Band.
10 TRIP ADVISOR REASONS TO CHOOSE BURNS LAKE
2. Decker Lake Trading Post
3. Burns Lake Visitor Centre
4. Lakes District Air & Fishing
5. Lakes District Museum